2021 Crank-Up Band Camp Schedule:
BAND CAMP WEEK ONE: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Mon. July 19th - Thurs. July 22nd 9am - 4pm @ Lakeland High School (Lunch Time 12pm – 1pm)
BAND CAMP WEEK TWO: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Mon. July 26th - Thurs. July 29th 9am - 4pm @ Lakeland High School (Lunch Time 12pm – 1pm)
MARCHING BAND UNIFORM FITTINGS: Fri. July 30 @ Lakeland High School Seniors -- 9am – 10am Juniors -- 10:15am – 11am Sophomores -- 12pm – 1:30pm Freshmen -- 1:45pm – 3:15pm
CRANK-UP SHOWCASE PERFORMANCE*: Full Marching Band Rehearsal & Performance Fri. July 30th -- 7pm @ Bryant Stadium $5 Admission or $10 Admission + BBQ Dinner (Full Marching Band Rehearsal Start Time: 5pm)
AUGUST BAND PRACTICE DATES: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Tues. August 3rd & Thurs. August 5th 6pm – 8:30pm @ Lakeland High School
* = Inventory of former uniform items being sold on-site at Crank-Up Showcase (T-shirts, polos, backpacks, etc.)
BAND CAMP LUNCH HOUR POLICY:
Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own lunch. Parents may pick their own student up for lunch. Students that drive may drive themselves to lunch but cannot drive other students without written consent from both the driver and the passenger’s parents. This is a Polk County School Board policy.
WHAT DO I NEED? (REQUIRED ITEMS)
• $115 Fee & Case of Water – Please directly contact Mr. Luke Hart if you have any issues regarding this financial obligation. $5 processing charge added if paying with credit card. We do not want any students to miss out due to finances!
• Instrument – Must be in working condition.
• Flip Folder and Lyre - ALL MUSICIANS must a minimum of 15 pages. Lyre must fit instrument.
• Woodwinds – Must have at least 3 working reeds at all times. Cleaning cloth and swab.
• Brass – Must have valve oil and cleaning cloth. All slides must work.
• Percussion – Must have practice pad, marching sticks, mallets and stick bag.
• 2 Quart Jug/Bottle with Water, Gatorade, Etc. -- NO CARBONATED DRINKS!!
• Hand Towel
• Medicine – If you require medication it must be brought to the director before 8:50am. Please have it in a Ziploc bag with your name and what time it should be taken.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? (MANDATORY)
• Appropriate/Well-fitting OUTDOOR athletic attire
• Hat & Sunglasses for outdoors
• T-shirt or appropriate athletic apparel (No bathing suits or bikinis)
• Shorts (NO PANTS OR JEANS unless medically necessary)
• Socks and athletic shoes (MUST HAVE LACES TIED)
• Sunblock (Best to put on before you arrive)
WHAT DO I NEED TO TURN IN? (MANDATORY)
• Health & Parental Consent Form (MUST BE NOTARIZED)
• Blanket Field Trip Form
• Instrument and Equipment Rental Form + $60 Fee - Applies to Majorettes, Sailorettes, Percussion, and all students playing school-owned instruments. Please directly contact Mr. Luke Hart if you have any issues regarding this financial obligation. We do not want any students to miss out due to finances!
• Uniform Rental Form
PARENT/GUARDIAN CONCESSION STAND VOLUNTEERS (MANDATORY)
Each family is required to volunteer their time twice to aide the concession stand at our Friday home football games (located at Bryant Stadium). If you were unable to sign up at our Summer Parent/Student Meeting, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
'REMIND' TEXT MESSAGE NOTIFICATION GROUPS
Send a text message to the following to get direct updates from the Director of Bands throughout the course of the school year! Parents are more than welcome to sign up as well!
ALL Band Members (including Drumline): Text "@DBMember" to 81010
Drumline Students Only: Text "@LKLDDL" to 81010
CHARMS ACCOUNT LOGIN INFORMATION:
The Lakeland High School Dreadnaught Band uses the CHARMS Office music program management system as our information platform. CHARMS hosts our calendar, forms, fees, contact information, and much more. Our official CHARMS Calendar is also available to view here on our website! (There are also instructions on the Calendar page on how to sync our Calendar with your smartphone device!)
• Visit www.charmsoffice.com to log in.
• The Parent/Student login is lakelandhsband (no spaces).
• Your student password is his/her 6 digit student ID. Once you have logged in, click on the 'Change Password' tab and create a new password that both the student and parent will remember.
• Update your contact information on the 'Personal Info' tab, and then explore the other features that CHARMS has to offer.
• NOTE: It is especially important that you have an accurate e-mail address. We frequently send out reminders and important information to students and parents via e-mail.