The Lakeland Senior High School Dreadnaught Band will be converting their Spring Concert into a Benefit Concert for the family of Aaron & AJ Bates. We are inviting ALL MUSICIANS in the greater Lakeland area to volunteer their time to perform with the band in order to honor the Bates Family.
The first half of the concert will feature the LHS Concert Bands & Jazz Band, and the second half of the concert will be four selections performed by a "Mass Community Band." All area high school students, college students, alumni, instructors, and freelance musicians of any talent level are more than welcome to sign up for this performance!
During the morning of February 26th, 2022, AJ Bates (LHS Band Head Drum Major) and his father Aaron Bates (LHS Band Head Drum Major 1999-2000) tragically lost their lives after a motor vehicle accident. They were travelling to AJ's audition at the Florida State University College of Music.
We are holding this Benefit Concert to support Mrs. Katie Bates and her four children, and to bring the community together during this trying time.
**** THIS EVENT IS NOT AUDITION-BASED! IT IS OPEN FOR THE PUBLIC TO JOIN! ****
COMMUNITY BAND SELECTIONS:
• Foshay Tower March (Sousa)
• American Hymnsong Suite (Milburn)
• Prelude, Processional, and Postlude (Camphouse)
• Lindbergh Variations (Sheldon)
(Parts will be distributed electronically soon after sign-ups close)
• May 12th, 2022 - Performance Begins at 7:00pm
• CALL TIME - 5:00pm
• $2 Minimum Admission Fee (Donation-Based)
• Branscomb Auditorium @ Florida Southern College (1085 Johnson Ave, Lakeland, FL)
• Sat. April 16th -- 10:00am - 12:00pm (LHS Band Room)
• Sat. April 23rd -- 10:00am - 12:00pm (LHS Band Room)
• Sat. April 30th -- 10:00am - 12:00pm (LHS Band Room)
• Sat. May 7th -- 10:00am - 12:00pm (LHS Band Room)
>> Lakeland High School Band Room = 726 Hollingsworth Rd, Lakeland, FL
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS:
Please reach out to LHS Director of Bands Mr. Luke Hart, MMEd.