LAKELAND HIGH SCHOOL BAND PARENT MEETING: Thursday, July 20th - 6:30pm @ LHS Band Room
HARRISON SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS BAND PARENT MEETING: Friday, July 21st - 6:30pm @ LHS Band Room
BAND CAMP WEEK ONE: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Monday, July 24th - Friday, July 28th 8:00am - 3:00pm @ Lakeland High School
BAND CAMP WEEK TWO: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Monday, July 31st - Wednesday, August 2nd 8:00am - 3:00pm @ Lakeland High School
MARCHING BAND UNIFORM FITTINGS: DATE T.B.A. @ Lakeland High School Seniors -- TIME T.B.A. Juniors -- TIME T.B.A. Sophomores -- TIME T.B.A. Freshmen -- TIME T.B.A.
CRANK-UP PREMIERE SHOW PERFORMANCE: Full Marching Band Rehearsal & Performance Thursday, August 3rd - 6:30 PM @ Bryant Stadium T.B.A. Admission, T.B.A. Dinner (Full Marching Band Rehearsal Start Time: T.B.A.)
MARCHING BAND PRACTICE DATES: Full Marching Band Rehearsals Tuesdays & Thursdays - T.B.A. Attendance is Mandatory 6:00pm - 8:30pm @ Lakeland High School
BAND CAMP LUNCH HOUR POLICY:
Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own lunch. Parents may pick their own student up for lunch. Students that drive may drive themselves to lunch but cannot drive other students without written consent from both the driver and the passenger’s parents. This is a Polk County School Board policy.
WHAT DO I NEED? (REQUIRED ITEMS)
• $TBA Fee & Case of Water – Please directly contact Mr. Luke Hart if you have any issues regarding this financial obligation. $5 processing charge added if paying with credit card. We do not want any students to miss out due to finances!
• Instrument – Must be in working condition.
• Flip Folder and Lyre - ALL MUSICIANS must have a minimum of 15 pages. Lyre must fit instrument.
• Woodwinds – Must have at least 3 working reeds at all times. Cleaning cloth and swab.
• Brass – Must have valve oil and cleaning cloth. All slides must work.
• Percussion – Must have practice pad, marching sticks, mallets and stick bag.
• 2 Quart Jug/Bottle with Water, Gatorade, Etc. -- NO CARBONATED DRINKS!!
• Hand Towel
• Medicine – If you require medication it must be brought to the director before 7:50am. Please have it in a Ziploc bag with your name and what time it should be taken.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? (MANDATORY)
• Appropriate/Well-fitting OUTDOOR athletic attire
• Hat & Sunglasses for outdoors
• T-shirt or appropriate athletic apparel (No bathing suits or bikinis)
• Shorts (NO PANTS OR JEANS unless medically necessary)
• Socks and athletic shoes (MUST HAVE LACES TIED)
• Sunblock (Best to put on before you arrive)
WHAT DO I NEED TO TURN IN? (MANDATORY)
• Health & Parental Consent Form (MUST BE NOTARIZED)
• Blanket Field Trip Form
• Instrument and Equipment Rental Form + Fees - Specific fees will be discussed during the parent meetings. Fees apply to Sailorettes, Percussion, and all other students playing school-owned instruments. Please directly contact Mr. Luke Hart if you have any issues regarding this financial obligation. We do not want any students to miss out due to finances!
• Uniform Rental Form
PARENT/GUARDIAN CONCESSION STAND VOLUNTEERS
Each family is strongly encouraged to volunteer their time twice to aid the concession stand at our Friday home football games (located at Bryant Stadium). If you were unable to sign up at our Summer Parent/Student Meetings, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
'REMIND' TEXT MESSAGE NOTIFICATION GROUPS
Send a text message to the following to get direct updates from the Director of Bands throughout the course of the school year! Parents are more than welcome to sign up as well!
ALL Band Members (including Drumline): Text "@DBMember" to 81010
Drumline Students Only: Text "@LKLDDL" to 81010
CHARMS ACCOUNT LOGIN INFORMATION:
The Lakeland High School Dreadnaught Band uses the CHARMS Office music program management system as our information platform. CHARMS hosts our calendar, forms, fees, contact information, and much more. Our official CHARMS Calendar is also available to view here on our website! (There are also instructions on the Calendar page on how to sync our Calendar with your smartphone device!)
• Visit www.charmsoffice.com to log in.
• The Parent/Student login is lakelandhsband (no spaces).
• Your student password is his/her 6 digit student ID. Once you have logged in, click on the 'Change Password' tab and create a new password that both the student and parent will remember.
• Update your contact information on the 'Personal Info' tab, and then explore the other features that CHARMS has to offer.
• NOTE: It is especially important that you have an accurate e-mail address. We frequently send out reminders and important information to students and parents via e-mail.