Crank-Up 2022 Schedule and Info
Updated: Jul 16, 2022
LAKELAND HIGH SCHOOL PARENT MEETING: Thu July 14th @ LHS Band Room 7pm
HARRISON SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS PARENT MEETING: Fri July 15th @ LHS Band Room 7pm
BAND CAMP WEEK ONE: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Mon July 18th - Thu July 21st @ Lakeland High School 8am - 3pm
BAND CAMP WEEK TWO: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Mon July 25th - Thu July 28th @ Lakeland High School 8am - 3pm
MARCHING BAND UNIFORM FITTINGS: Sat, July 23 @ Lakeland High School Seniors -- 9am – 10am Juniors -- 10:15am – 11am Sophomores -- 12pm – 1:30pm Freshmen -- 1:45pm – 3:15pm
CRANK-UP PREMIER PERFORMANCE: Full Marching Band Rehearsal & Performance Fri July 29th - 6:30 PM @ Bryant Stadium $5 Admission, $10 Optional Chick-Fil-A Dinner (Full Marching Band Rehearsal Start Time: 5pm)
MARCHING BAND PRACTICE DATES: Full Marching Band Rehearsal Tuesdays & Thursdays - August 2 - October 27 Attendance is Mandatory 6pm - 8:30pm @ Lakeland High School
BAND CAMP LUNCH HOUR POLICY:
Students are strongly encouraged to bring their own lunch. Parents may pick their own student up for lunch. Students that drive may drive themselves to lunch but cannot drive other students without written consent from both the driver and the passenger’s parents. This is a Polk County School Board policy.
WHAT DO I NEED? (REQUIRED ITEMS)
• $130 Fee & Case of Water – Please directly contact Mr. Luke Hart if you have any issues regarding this financial obligation. $5 processing charge added if paying with credit card. We do not want any students to miss out due to finances!
• Instrument – Must be in working condition.
• Flip Folder and Lyre - ALL MUSICIANS must have a minimum of 15 pages. Lyre must fit instrument.
• Woodwinds – Must have at least 3 working reeds at all times. Cleaning cloth and swab.
• Brass – Must have valve oil and cleaning cloth. All slides must work.
• Percussion – Must have practice pad, marching sticks, mallets and stick bag.
• 2 Quart Jug/Bottle with Water, Gatorade, Etc. -- NO CARBONATED DRINKS!!
• Hand Towel
• Medicine – If you require medication it must be brought to the director before 7:50am. Please have it in a Ziploc bag with your name and what time it should be taken.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? (MANDATORY)
• Appropriate/Well-fitting OUTDOOR athletic attire
• Hat & Sunglasses for outdoors
• T-shirt or appropriate athletic apparel (No bathing suits or bikinis)
• Shorts (NO PANTS OR JEANS unless medically necessary)
• Socks and athletic shoes (MUST HAVE LACES TIED)
• Sunblock (Best to put on before you arrive)
WHAT DO I NEED TO TURN IN? (MANDATORY)
** Click HERE to download our 2022-23 Important Forms & Documents **
• Health & Parental Consent Form (MUST BE NOTARIZED)
• Blanket Field Trip Form
• Instrument and Equipment Rental Form + Fees - Specific fees will be discussed during the parent meetings. Fees apply to Sailorettes, Percussion, and all other students playing school-owned instruments. Please directly contact Mr. Luke Hart if you have any issues regarding this financial obligation. We do not want any students to miss out due to finances!
• Uniform Rental Form
PARENT/GUARDIAN CONCESSION STAND VOLUNTEERS
Each family is strongly encouraged to volunteer their time twice to aid the concession stand at our Friday home football games (located at Bryant Stadium). If you were unable to sign up at our Summer Parent/Student Meeting, please e-mail Kristy Ortiz firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
'REMIND' TEXT MESSAGE NOTIFICATION GROUPS
Send a text message to the following to get direct updates from the Director of Bands throughout the course of the school year! Parents are more than welcome to sign up as well!
ALL Band Members (including Drumline): Text "@DBMember" to 81010
Drumline Students Only: Text "@LKLDDL" to 81010